From May through October, weekly maintenance of your landscape can ensure that your planting and hardscape remain healthy and beautiful. Crews visit your property on the same day each week, depending on the weather, to perform a wide range of weekly landscape maintenance tasks.
This includes a list of specific responsibilities, but they also continually monitor the landscape for emerging challenges, such as pest or weed problems, drainage issues or hardscape needs. We believe in addressing matters early, before they become critical.
Turf and overall grounds care
- Mowing and trimming of turf grass areas
- Edging of pavement, sidewalk, patios and the driveway (once per month)
- Clean-up, removal and disposal of landscape waste and grass clippings
Garden and planting bed care
- Cultivation of planting beds to maintain their appearance (once per month)
- Manual weeding (rotating through various beds each week)
- Single-spade edging of planting beds and tree rings to define and maintain a well-groomed appearance
- Granular weed-control application to all planting beds, as needed
- Slow-release fertilizer application to planted beds (once per season)
- Deadheading of faded perennial flowers (rotating through various beds each week)
- Groundcover care for optimum health and appearance
- Smaller ornamental trees and shrubs will be pruned as needed for health and appearance
- Hedges are pruned for uniform growth and symmetry (once in early summer when new growth hardens off, and again in late summer)
Special event design and coordination
When we work closely with a homeowner, we’re often asked to add containers or special plantings to help decorate the landscape for important family events. The Van Zelst team is happy to consult on seasonal plantings and containers that can help ensure that your property is dressed for the party.
The Van Zelst professional maintenance team can also provide monthly and bi-weekly maintenance of your landscape, although most clients prefer weekly maintenance visits.